Dr. Janice Presser spent her formative years researching how people team together, finding answers in systems theory and physics. Having written her first line of code in high school, she was positioned to architect a system to measure how people work together and develop the underlying theory and practice of Teaming Science. The author of seven books on teaming, she consults to executives and is currently thinking about how spatial technology will impact relationships in the future, while enjoying a renaissance of her alter ego, The CoderBabe, website manager to the stars.
As a systems scientist and architect of the technology that powers Teamability®, she has studied team interaction in academic, clinical, and business settings for well over 25 years, and has shared her expertise in the areas of human metrics and measurements, workforce planning, and human capital assessment with professional organizations as well as clients from start-ups to multinationals. Information on her currently available books can be found on her Amazon author page.
In an era of digital disruption and transformational change, Dr. Janice’s integrated technology and management methods are being used to design collaborative cultures, to produce extraordinary business results, and to open new pathways to meaningful work and organizational health.
DrJanice@DrJanicePresser.com is the best way to reach her, although if she’s traveling it might be a day or so before you get a response. No worries! If you’re a member of the press on deadline, or a meeting planner in search of a speaker or panelist, or an executive needing an immediate discreet discussion, this email is monitored to ensure confidentiality.
Some favorite speaking topics include:
- Timing Isn’t Everything. Teaming Is. – What if the secret to success is in how and with whom you team, and has less to do with timing?
- Teamability for Digital Transformation – HBR recently published a litany of large companies’ failed digital transformations. Digital proficiency, check. Leadership on board, check. Teamability? Probably missing.
- Diversity isn’t Enough. How’s your Teaming? – Diversity, inclusion, equity. All good, but if profitable productivity is your goal, it’s not enough.
- Why your Innovation Initiative Failed – Congratulations. You focused on leadership and process, instituted elegant controls, and were very successful at demotivating your innovation underground.
- Culture Happens – Unless you design your culture – and your subcultures – from the ground up, you’re going to settle for what happens. The laws of physics, especially entropy, apply here.
- True Confessions, or as her digitally-21 self calls it, ‘my #truth’ – The POV of a woman who was not raised to be an inventor, architect of a new technology, CEO, or much more than a wife and mother. Not for women only.
To see some examples of her presentations, as speaker and panelist, see:
Her TEDx talk here.
Her Constellation Connected Enterprise contributions here.
Some fun videos she’s made here.